Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Time to Build {by R}

6/10/14
I woke up this morning ready to build. After we all ate breakfast I thought up a design for a robotic plant. It was going to have solenoids to grow when the robot was placed in water and then it would face and follow the sun with photovoltaic panels.

Later, the Nonni picked up my brother and me. At their house I drew the schematics and the design for the robotic plant on paper. I also had to clean up my room in the Nonni’s house. The problem was that it was full of my inventions. I had to throw a lot of stuff away. Then we planned for the summer. Soon it was lunch time.

After lunch my dad picked us up and took us home. I decided to build an ROV. My 5th grade teacher gave me enough parts to build one. I would have to build the control box first. I drilled three holes in a small plastic box to insert the three switches. This would allow the ROV go up and down, back and forth, and turn right and left. It was hard to figure out how I would wire the whole thing correctly. Then I drilled holes for the connection wire and the power wire. The connection wire would connect to the ROV. I took wire connectors and I started working on the circuit.

Finally it was late and time to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment